GPS

GPS Repair Problems? Ask a GPS Technician for Answers ASAP

GPS

Could I remove the collar from the TT15 mini collar when

Customer Question
could I remove the long...
could I remove the long collar from the TT15 mini collar when using at a distance of less than 100 yards
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: GPS
8/27/2016
Electronics Technician: Jason Jones, Customer Service replied 1 year ago
Jason Jones, Customer Service

I am the person that will be helping you today.

May I ask for you to elaborate on what your question is regarding? What are you referring to when you refer to the "long collar" and the "mini collar"?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Jason,
The collar is a GarminTT15Mini- it has a long antenna on it that is obviously bebeficial for long range tracking and training , however, I want to use it at close range in the house and yard. Will the collar pick up the transmission from the control unit (Alpha 100 ) if I disconnect the antenna?

You should have the 13 inch and 5 inch antennas in the package. I would suggest testing it's use with the 5 inch antenna. If you remove the antennas altogether, it will still work, but it's functional use cannot be guaranteed. One great way to test it is to simply test it by removing the antennas and testing to see how well it works.

Is there anything else that I can help with or help clear up?

Thank you,

Jason

Is there anything else I can help you with today? If so, please let me know. If that is all for now, please do not forget to rate my help on top of this page.
Thank you,
Jason

Jason Jones, Customer Service