Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

I have a Magellan roadmate 1700-MU that went blank and it

Customer Question

I have a Magellan roadmate 1700-MU that went blank and it shows a computer and a connector with the unit. what is it saying?
Category: GPS
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

It is signaling to you that it needs to be connected to a computer, where what used to be called Magellan Content Manager (but is now an altogether different thing superficially under that name) needs to be running, so that - hopefully - the Content Manager program may repair it. Do you have a computer (Windows PC? or Apple computer?) to do this with, and would you like to try it?

If so I will give you instructions. Please use the Reply To Expert function to let me know, and I will advise and help with the process.

Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I regret that I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.

If another Expert takes your offer, it is expected that the other Expert will call you, but that I will also continue to assist you, as you can be helped and as you prefer.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

Hi Larry. My name is***** will be happy to accept your phone call request. So that I will be completely prepared before I call, I will need to know what operating system you have on your computer. If you're not sure, please click this link and tell me what you see:

http://whatsmyos.com/

If you have a MAC

From the Apple menu, choose About This Mac. Your version of OS X appears directly below “OS X