Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

My Garmin S1 will not turn on and will not charge, 3 years -

Customer Question

My Garmin S1 will not turn on and will not charge
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: 3 years - it was the high end one - I'm pretty sure s1 - no color screen
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Everything on ask suggests a reset but the screen is blank and doesn't respond to anything - when I put it on charger nothing happens
JA: The GPS expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
Category: GPS
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

It may be that the battery in the Garmin is dead, if it really does not respond to the charger in any way, nor show any signs of life.

Is that how it is behaving? or are there indicator lights, or beeps, that show up on it when it is turned On?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No sign of life whatsoever
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

That is regrettable. It means that the Garmin S1 will either have to be service-repaired, or be replaced, perhaps. But there is still one other thing you could try:

Would you like to attempt replacing the battery in the S1 yourself

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

OK. Would you be interested in Garmin USA's fixed-price for repair (of any kind, even just battery replacement) for your Approach S1 device?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How much
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

The Garmin quoted 'flat-rate' price for the repair of an Approach S1 is

$ 79.00