Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

Is it possible to see pull previous destinations off a

Customer Question

Is it possible to see pull previous destinations off a Magellan?
I'm putting on a rally and know I had travelled some cool roads while using it. But didn't save the route.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That might be possible.

What Magellan device do you have, by model #, please?

Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

This is more or less how you can try doing it, if it shows up in Previous Destinations (depending on your device model, to some extent):

From the Destination screen, select "Address Book" and press

Enter.

Select "Previous Destinations" and press

Enter.

Select from the list of previous destinations and press

Enter.

Select the "Route" button and press

Enter.

(Note: You can select the "Edit" button if you want to edit the displayed address, and save it to your Address Book. Saving it to your Address Book is the surest way of finding a previous Destination again later.)

Let me know whether that works, and if it doesn't, I will try to find some other way of retrieving the former destination(s).

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is called Maestro
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot find the cord for it. Before I purchase for just wanted verify if I could get info from it.
Is there a program to pull old info off?
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

OK. Thanks for the information on its model name.

Try the instructions I just posted, see if they bring up anything, from the 'Former Destinations'.

Are its batteries charged enough for it to be used?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No battery life
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Aside from what might be found in Previous Destinations, and similar info saved in the Address Book, you may not be able to get the old destinations that you didn't save, off of it. They probably were stored in ephemeral working memory, and have mostly or entirely been erased.

But the Previous Destinations listings will probably still be there, and allow recovery to some extent, greater or lesser.