GPS

GPS Repair Problems? Ask a GPS Technician for Answers ASAP

GPS

Trying to hard reset garmin echo map 70s. The calibration is

Customer Question
Trying to hard reset garmin...
Trying to hard reset garmin echo map 70s. The calibration is all messed up
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: 70s is all I know, it's prolly a 2013
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Turning off and turning on, can't get to settings from the touchscreen
JA: The GPS expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: GPS
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello? I thought someone was standing by..
7/24/2016
Electronics Technician: Pete, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Pete, Engineer

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay.

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello?

Ok, I've been looking into this problem and trying to find a workaround for you.

To reset the calibration:

1) Power on the chartplotter
2) As soon as Garmin appears, press and HOLD the top-right hand corner of the display - to get into Test mode
3) Press the green Touchscreen Page button
4) Press the green Calibration button
5) Press the buttons that appear on screen (as CAREFULLY as you can)
Once the above steps have been complete, the chartplotter's screen should be calibrated and function as expected.

Let me know how you get on?

--------------------
Kindly rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page if you find my answer useful so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated:)
Otherwise please reply back if you need further assistance.
Pete.
--------------------

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We've tried that. Saw the same post as this from Greg. The touchscreen isn't working properly at all bc the calibration is all screwed up so we can't press the green touchscreen page. Any other ideas?

Have you also tried cleaning the screen?

If there is any dirt or grit trapped around the edge bezel this can affect how it responds and prevent you getting into Test mode.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yeah, cleaned it, and still no luck..

Can you try touching random parts of the screen in an attempt to press the green Touchscreen page?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yeah, I've touched everywhere, nothing. When we are at the normal screen when I touch settings (top left) it think I'm touching the bottom right of the screen

Ok, then the only other course of action available is to return the device to Garmin to have the factory settings reinstalled on it.

You can arrange a return at: http://www8.garmin.com/support/repair.jsp

--------------------
Kindly rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated:)
Pete.
--------------------

Pete, Engineer