GPS

GPS Repair Problems? Ask a GPS Technician for Answers ASAP

GPS

I have just purchased a nuvi 2597. I connected it to my

Customer Question
Hi I have just purchased...
Hi I have just purchased a nuvi 2597. I connected it to my computer about four hourws ago and it does not seem to be charging
JA: What model of Nuvi are you using? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is brand new and is model 2597LMT
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I don't even know how to start troubleshooting. I did not get a manual with the device#
JA: The GPS expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: When it is connected to the computer it just shows a picture of the device connected.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: GPS
7/22/2016
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 1 year ago
Richard, Customer Service

Hi there and welcome

Is it still turning on and just not charging or it does not turn on at all?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It turns on. It shows the garmin logo the 'garmin.com/express, then a picture of the device connected to the computer

Thanks

Please Remove the charger from the garmin and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the unit.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is now just showing the garmin logo with a blue arrow pointing upwards
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It said 'downloading' and has gone back to the screen it had before.

ok, download and install Garmin Express on your computer from here

software.garmin.com/en-US/express.html

Then once installed, open it and connect the Garmin to the computer

Tell me what then happens please

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When I connected it earlier, it did say it had had installed map updates, but it seems to do nothing else

ok, now we did my steps, connect it again and tell me if it indicates any updates need to be done please

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have already downloaded and installed Garmin Express earler. It said there were updates to be downloaded, which I did.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm beginning to think I have been sold a dud. I have wasted a lot of time on it already and am thinking perhaps I should return it.

I want you to try to reset it please

To do this

• Start with the device switched off and unplugged from power.
  • Touch and hold the lower right corner of the screen.
  • Continue touching and holding the lower right hand corner of the screen then press the power button.
  • Release the power button when the device powers on.
  • You will see a new message: Do you really want to erase all user data?
  • Remove your finger from the touchscreen when this message displays.
  • Tap Yes (Button on the right).

Can you complete these steps?

how did you go with my last instructions?

Richard, Customer Service