Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I have a Garmin G6 GOLF GPS THAT HAS FAILED TO TURN ON. I

Customer Question

I have a Garmin G6 GOLF GPS THAT HAS FAILED TO TURN ON. I CHARGE THE UNIT TO FULL CHARGE AND WHEN I WAS AT THE GOLF COURSE I TURNED ON THE UNIT AND IT READ PROPERLY AND THAN WENT BLANK AND WOULD NOT RESTART. DO I REQUIRE ANOTHER BATTERY OR IS THE PROBLEM SOMETHING ELSE. PLEASE RESPOND. THANKS IN ADVANCE
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Those batteries tend to fail often. Id suggest replacing the battery with a higher rated battery.. For instance this is a 1200 mAh battery, which will last a bit longer compared to the standard 1000mAh battery the device shipped with. http://amzn.to/29fNd55

While replacing the battery will solve the issue, let me know if you have had the garmin under a year, as in that case instead of paying for the battery Id guide you through contacting the repair / returns department at Garmin so you can have the device repaired as part of your warranty.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.