GPS

GPS Repair Problems? Ask a GPS Technician for Answers ASAP

GPS

I NEED TO UPDATE MY TOMTOM MAPS

Customer Question
I NEED TO UPDATE MY TOMTOM MAPS
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: GPS
7/2/2016
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 1 year ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry to hear of any issue you are having with your device.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Model Number of the device you are working with?

2) The AGE of the device?

3) What is the STATUS of the device (does is work well)?

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
looks like 8.866.420, ------- although the 1st.no. might be 6, -- bit faded
apptox 5yr. (precise, ain't I?), ---sorry
works really well, --- just isn't up to date with latest motorways, and dreaded toll tunnells!!I AM IN AUSTRALIA

Hi again,

I see your phone call request, but don't have an available phone line to be able to do a call. But another expert may be able to respond to your call request at any time.

If you would like to continue here in this format, please try to respond to the questions above, even of you don't know the answers.

NOTE: Please use the REPLY to expert here on this page.

Thanks

OK - it looks like our messages crossed.

Model number should be something like "VIA" or "START", and then be followed by a few numbers.

If you can not find that name and number, please look for the SERIAL NUMBER - right next to a bar code, and send along the first few characters.

NOTES:

MOST Serial Numbers BEGIN with a TWO LETTERS.

This may be UNDER any "mounting hardware", so remove the unit completely from any such hardware - if needed.

Thanks

Hi again,

I didn't see a response from my last note, and will be signing off soon (I'm in the USA & its very late), but I wanted to give you the steps to find the model of your device and THEN get the correct software onto your computer - to be able to update the device.

NOTE: That software will be EITHER "TomTom HOME" or "MyDrive Connect' - depending on what model device you have.

The basic steps are:

1) Find the model of your device. Using the first few characters of your serial number can tell you the model of the device, using the following TomTom webpage (click the link).

http://au.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9520

2) Once you know the model, you can download the correct program - for updating that device. Again, that will be either TomTom HOME or MyDrive Connect.

Once you are on the above page, there SHOULD be links to how to install one of the above programs, AND how to use it to update your device software and/or maps. If you do not see those links, try the FAQS link - at the top of that page.

3) Once you have the correct program installed on your computer, you will run that program, connect the device when instructed, and then follow the prompts on the computer screen.

That's really all there is to it.

Please let me know if you have any trouble at all, and I will respond as quickly as I can (when I get back online).

If this has answered your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (Excellent is my goal) so that I get credit for helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to scroll UP or DOWN) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)

Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer