Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I was trying to update my garmin 1690 now it Frizing and my

Customer Question

I was trying to update my garmin 1690 now it Frizing and my computer can't found it, only stay garmin and nothing happens thanks
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Garmin 1690,, 6_7 years
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just close and restart nothing happens
JA: The GPS expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Nothing
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GPS Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Sounds like the update process failed.. Lets try to reset the device, and once reset. Attempt to update it again.

Heres how to reset it.

1. Start with the device OFF and unplugged from power
  2. Touch and hold the lower right corner of the screen with an index finger or the eraser end of a pencil
  3. Continue touching and holding the lower right hand corner of the screen then power the device ON
  4. Release the power button when the device powers ON
  5. You will see a new message: "Do you really want to erase all user data?"
  6. Remove your finger from the touch screen when this message displays
  7. Touch Yes
    • If text language is not in English, this is the button on the right

The device will now reset. Follow the on-screen prompts and then place your device in an area with a clear view of the sky until it acquires satellites.

Once complete, try to update the device with garmin express again. Let me know if you get stuck or run into any issues.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

When you say nothing.. Do you mean you held your finger on the lower right hand corner of the touchscreen, kept holding it there and turned the device on and you never seen the reset message?