Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I have a garmin astro 320 ive ran the diagnostic screen and

Customer Question

hi I have a garmin astro 320 ive ran the diagnostic screen and found that Bmap Chk saying failed
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: model :
01102602
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: only check diagnostic screen, tried updating software but cant communicate with the unit
JA: The GPS expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no and thankyou
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GPS Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Lets try a master reset on the astro first.. Heres how

Turn off the Astro
Press Map, Enter and Power simultaneously
Wait for Astro to power on
Release Power
Wait for the message Do you really want to erase all user data?
Release remaining buttons
Select Yes
Astro 220 or 320 is now reset. Leave the device outside with a clear view of the sky for a minimum of 20 minutes to acquire satellite data.

And if that doesnt fix the issue, then you will need to reinstall the map through basecamp, heres a guide on how to do so.

http://www.ebay.com/gds/How-to-Download-Maps-to-the-Garmin-Astro-320-/10000000205254234/g.html

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the unit turns on the reset question came up but then the unit switches off
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Did you select yes when you seen the reset question?

If so, after the unit switched off turn it on again. And then test.. Is the map working now?

Do you still get the same error?

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no unit turned on the question came up and I tried selecting yes but then the unit switches off
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

ok, try again.. And keep trying till we can select yes, as that reset is definitely needed at this point.

D.S

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it wont allow me to select yes with the arrow up button or any other button
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
another screen comes up saying is saving all waypoints and tracks into gpx format but the unit turns off itself after 10 seconds the only time it stays on is if I run the diagnostic screen which tells me that the BMap chk is fail
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

My apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

It sounds like we cant reset the unit.. At the same time, I believe you mentioned that the device cant be detected by your computer.

If your device is less then a year old, then garmin will fix it free of charge.. If its over a year old garmin charges 170$ to repair the Astro 320. http://www8.garmin.com/support/outofwarranty.html