GPS

GPS Repair Problems? Ask a GPS Technician for Answers ASAP

GPS

I have a 545s gps am going to Alaska from seattle need to

Customer Question
get latest map/chart for my...
I have a 545s gps am going to Alaska from seattle need to get latest map/chart for my gps how do I do this
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: GPS
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/4/2016
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 1 year ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your device.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) What is the operational status of your unit (does it still work well with whatever maps/charts you have)?

2) How much TIME do you have before this trip?

3) Have you EVER installed maps/charts on this device?

Thanks

Hi again,

I didn't see a response from my first post with questions, but assuming the device is still operating properly, I believe the charts you will need are the "HUS039R - US All & Canadian West Coast BlueChart® g2 HD" - on a pre-programmed SD card. These should just "plug in" to your unit and you can start using them.

Here is a link to the Garmin page where you can find these charts. Just make sure you select the "microSD/SD" item from the pull-down list - if they are not showing already.

>> CLICK HERE for charts <<

NOTE: You should also see a "Find a Dealer" button on that page, which you can use to find a local dealer in your area that may have these cards in stock.

Please let me know what you find or if you have any more questions.

If this has answered your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (Excellent is my goal) so that I get credit for helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to scroll UP or DOWN) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)

Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer