GPS

GPS Repair Problems? Ask a GPS Technician for Answers ASAP

GPS

My garmin 810 froze mid ride today : its the 810 and its

Customer Question
my garmin 810 froze mid...
my garmin 810 froze mid ride today
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: its the 810 and its brand new ....just bought it a week ago
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: it froze after my ride 2 days ago but i was finally able to shut it down. I lost all the info on the ride but figured if i turned it off and restarted it might do the trick. Today, it started out just fine but at mile 57 or about 4hrs into the ride it froze at that point in the ride. It is not responding to my attempts to turn it off or stop it.
JA: Is there anything else the GPS Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no, it was working fine ....its brand new ...soooo disappointed
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GPS Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: GPS
6/4/2016
Electronics Technician: Richard Hill, Electronics Engineer replied 1 year ago
Richard Hill
Richard Hill, Electronics Engineer

Try seeing if there is a software update using Garmin Express. See Software on the right hand side of this page:

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/into-sports/cycling/edge-810/prod112912.html#

Regards,

Rich

If my advice helped please could you give me a positive rating.

Regards,

Rich

Richard Hill
Richard Hill
Richard Hill, Electronics Engineer