Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

We have a garmin gps purchased in the USA with USA maps.

Customer Question

We have a garmin gps purchased in the USA with USA maps. When last used it stopped working and now when switching it on it starts to load maps then turns off
It states low battery even though its plug into the vehicle. It is a Nuvi 1490
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

You have one of two issues. Either your battery has failed, or your vehicle charger has failed.

Do you have a regular non vehicle charging, usb cord that you could connect to your Nuvi and connect to a computer and see if it will charge?

If it will charge, then your vehicle charger is bad and you can order a low cost replacement here. http://amzn.to/1sBnEVS

If it still wont charge using a different cable, t hen you have a bad battery.. And you can order the battery replacement kit here ( includes the battery, tool needed, and instructional video showing how to replace it )

http://amzn.to/1qN7hnZ

If you have further questions, let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.