Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I have a Magellan Roadmate #1430 which is about five(5)

Customer Question

I have a Magellan Roadmate #1430 which is about five(5) years old. Tried to set it up
for a road trip today(May 26, 2016) and it kept telling me it could not Syn Satellites.
What needs to be done to get it to work properly?
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

We may need to reset the device, we may also need to connect the device to a computer and update the software, and then reset it.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windows 10.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

I tried to accept your phone call request and it said there was a payment error. Your credit card or bank card may have been blocked by your bank, you may want to give them a quick call and inquire about that.

Lets try something simple first,

Slide and hold the power button for 45 seconds.. The device should turn off, and then back on again.

Take it where it has a clear view of the sky.. Can it find the satellites within 5-10 minutes?

If not, send a reply and let me know.

D.S