GPS

GPS Repair Problems? Ask a GPS Technician for Answers ASAP

GPS

I have a Garmin GPSmap 545 and it's not working at alla JA:

Customer Question
I have a Garmin GPSmap...
I have a Garmin GPSmap 545 and it's not working at alla
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: I would say around three years
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Well I have done continuity checks on both the power and the ground line and they are fine
JA: Is there anything else the GPS Technician should be aware of?
Customer: but it's like the GPS is not getting any voltage to power it up
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GPS Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: GPS
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/23/2016
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 1 year ago
Richard, Customer Service
Hi there and welcomewhen you say its not working, whats exactly happening? Its not turning on?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yeah its not turning on. I have checked the power lines already and I'm getting the 12 volts necessary to power it on. so there must be something on the gps
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I opened the GPS but I could not find any fuses or anything like that
Thank youNo, there are no fuses in itThis can be an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please. Remove the charger from the unit and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds. Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the GPS. Let me know the results please Thank you
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Alright. I did not Know that! I will try that and I will go to the boat later today to see if that works
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'll let you know as soon as have that done
Thank you
Richard, Customer Service