Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

My Garmin nuvi 2460 was working when it displayed "Battery

Customer Question

My Garmin nuvi 2460 was working when it displayed "Battery is low." with the OK box. It was plugged into the car with the dashboard mount. It went dead and it cannot be turned on and it does not respond to any external power source (another car, a USB micro plugged into the dash board holder, or the USB micro plugged directly into the unit). Please help.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. Youve done half of my work for me, by testing the unit with several different chargers and vehicles.. That only leaves one possibility, and Ive worked on enough of these devices to be certain in the diagnosis given what you have written. You need to replace the battery.. You can get a new battery here that matches your model, http://amzn.to/1qVNhjf Not only do you get a high quality battery, but it comes with a replacement video showing you how to replace it, and the tool you need in order to replace it. This is something that anyone can accomplish themselves, as long as they have full use of their hands. If you have further questions or concerns, let me know. I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** it works.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
It definitely will. The batteries in these units tend to fail after a year or two.. And they can fail much more often if the device is left on the dash in direct sunlight, or if you live in a high temperature area.. Youre welcome to get back to me when you get the battery, should you encounter any issues installing it. I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I ordered the battery that you recommended. It is interesting to me that a bad battery would prevent the nuvi2460 from operating from external power.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Have you received the battery yet? If not, youre welcome to contact me when the battery arrives~ Dustin S.