Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

I have a garmin 64st. I used it last week first time.

Customer Question

I have a garmin 64st. I used it last week for the first time. It worked great. I went to use it again today and it would start to boot up but then screen would shut down. I thought batteries were weak. I replaced batteries and it would not even start. I plugged into computer and it will start to boot up but then go to a screen with garmin and a weird symbol...what is going on?
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer, Sorry to hear of any issue you may be having with your device. It sounds like the device MAY be in some "hung" or low power state. I would fist check that the batteries are installed correctly, and then perform a Master reset of the device - to see if you can clear that state. Here is a link to a video that shows how that is done. Click Here --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7e_9cDQH_M NOTE: When you connect the device to the computer, it is "normal" for it to power up in "USB mode", so that is probably the "weird symbol" you are seeing. Please give these things a try and let me know what you find. Thanks, ***** *****
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,I see it has been a while and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved?I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.Thanks, ***** ***** .-(im)