Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I am using a garmin edge 1000. I am frustated beyond belief

Customer Question

I am using a garmin edge 1000. I am frustated beyond belief by the routing message leave the road. It happens frequently on all the courses I use. I have the 1000 set up just like the manual and several different websites say. I use only the maps that came with the unit and they are up to date. bout ready to return it
Category: GPS
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. It may indeed be defective. It may be right to return it. But first, I advise trying an update with Garmin Express. That might refresh the software and return it to a properly working status, I hope. When dealing with an update for your Garmin device, it is best to simply download, install, and use Garmin Express. Go to http://software.garmin.com/en-GB/express.html and (if you have a Windows PC) click on the big blue Download button at center bottom of the page. (If you have an Apple, click on the nearby Download for Mac link.) And download Garmin Express' installer to your computer, save it, then double-click upon it to install Garmin Express.Then start the program, Garmin Express. Then connect your Garmin device. Then use Garmin Express to update your device.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thx
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
If that completes the case as far as you are concerned, please rate my answer. Thanks.