Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

I want to update my Garmin Nuvi, but not sure I ever registered

Customer Question

I want to update my Garmin Nuvi, but not sure I ever registered it. Don't remember.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: When I opened mydashboard, your chat opened. I want to update my Garmin for any software or maps.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Electronics Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. To get started, I need to know what type of computer you're using.Windows XP, Widows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Or a Mac. If it's a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows. Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply. Also, would you like me to connect to your computer and help you update the gps on screen, directly? Or would you prefer to have me guide you via written support?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I never completed chat. My question was not answered and the $34 charge should be negated.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Im not sure if you seen my previous response? Im trying to help you, but it doesnt seem you seen my reply so we could discuss the issue. If you want to stop, we can cancel.. if you wanted help, please read my reply below, and try your best to answer the questions I have asked.. To get started, I need to know what type of computer you're using.Windows XP, Widows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Or a Mac.If it's a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows.Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply. Also, would you like me to connect to your computer and help you update the gps on screen, directly? Or would you prefer to have me guide you via written support?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cancel!
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Not a problem. i cant see if you have been charged already, as I have no access to your account.. But if you have been charged, you can self process a refund by using the link below. http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund If you change your mind and would like assistance installing or updating your maps, you know where to find me. Dustin S.