Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

My 3760 is not recognized by my iMac JA: Sometimes things

Customer Question

my 3760 is not recognized by my iMac
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The GPS Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: 3760 connected directly to iMac and has worked before but always problematic
JA: Anything else I can tell the GPS Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: Cannot find original cable but have never used original cable in the past
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GPS Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your device.To help you with this issue, may I ask:1) The FULL Make & Model Number of the device you are working with?2) The AGE of the device?3) WHEN this issue first began?4) You mentioned that you are NOT using the original USB cable that came with the device, so may I ask if you have a DIFFERENT cable you can try OR a different computer you can try connecting to? (Note: You won't need to install any software on a different computer, as we would just be TESTING - to see if the device is "seen" by that other computer when it is connected.) Thanks(im)
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved?I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.Thanks, ***** ***** .-(im)