Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I liked my Approach2 but it won't charge now. I had the

Customer Question

Hello.
JA: Hello. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: I liked my Approach2 but it won't charge now.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The GPS Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I had the device attached to a charger, but the battery ran down and stopped working.
JA: Is there anything else the GPS Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I keep trying to charge it and nothing works.
JA: Our top GPS Technician is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the GPS Technician in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the GPS Technician until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: GPS
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I get help here or not ?
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Considering its an Approach S2 that you have. The battery in that unit is past its expected life.

You need to replace the battery in the watch, this will also restore its performance and life on the course as well. The cheapest replacement service ive seen is listed here, at about half the cost garmin charges. http://amzn.to/1RRPtyz

Or, if you have a soldering iron you can purchase just the battery for 23$ and save some $$ http://amzn.to/1U9SL6J

As far as the Garmin approach and whether or not to repair it, or replace it. If the device has been working well, and its only the battery charging issue thats occured. I would replace the battery.

However, if youve noticed that some of the buttons are coming loose, or not working. Or the device has a lot of errors or sudden shutdowns, I wouldnt replace the battery as that would sound like the logic board is beginning to fail. If the only issue is the device charging, then replacing the battery should give you another 2-3 years of life barring any unforeseen accidents or damage to the unit.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.