GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

Trying to pair a Nuvi 2597 with Bilt motorcycle helmit.

Customer Question
Helmet said sucessfully paired, but...
Trying to pair a Nuvi 2597 with Bilt motorcycle helmit. Helmet said sucessfully paired, but GPS said incompatable device. Help
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: GPS
3/13/2016
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 2 years ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your device.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:
1) Do you have another (different model) of GPS that you have tried to pair the helmet to (successfully) - such as a motorcycle specific model (Zumo)?

I only ask because the Nuvi models generally are intended to pair to a cell phone only, and the Nuvi itself behaves and a Bluetooth headset (or hands-free speaker-mic).

So in effect, what you would be doing when trying to pair the Nuvi with the Bluetooth headset in the helmet, is to pair TWO "headsets" directly to each other. That is why the Nuvi is reporting the "incompatible device" message you are seeing.

Just so you know, the motor-cycle specific GPS units often DO support helmet headsets, to be able to communicate with the device, hearing spoken directions, etc. So if that is what you are looking to do with a GPS and this helmet, you may want to take a look at the Zumo line of devices.

I hope this helps clear up why you are seeing this behavior. Please let me know if you have any more questions.

If this has answered your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (Excellent is my goal) so that I get credit for helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to scroll UP or DOWN) or can not use them.

Thanks & Travel Safe, Greg A.
--. .-
(im)

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)