Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

I have a nuvi 35xx, I notice a very skinny port on the rear

Customer Question

I have a nuvi 35xx, I notice a very skinny port on the rear left (if I'm facing the screen) side. What is this for, and can I add storage to this device with an SD card? I have only about 200 mb left on it since downloading most recent updates and deleting some saved places.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier.

May I ask the FULL model number of your Nuvi? That should be printed on the device - usually on the back - when the device is NOT mounted on any mount at all.

OR - if you can find and send back the Serial Number (usually printed right next to a bar code or QR code), I can usually find the model from that.

Once I know the model, I'm pretty sure I can tell you what that "very skinny port" is.

BUT - I suspect it is actually a "slot" where a microSD card installed in the device. And yes, that is where you would add a memory card to your device - to give it more space to store maps and such.

Please let me know if you can find the serial number or EXACT model of your device, and I will be able to confirm if that is the microSD slot (or not).

Thanks, ***** *****

(im)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
init ID:(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The slot is significantly longer than the average sd card port...but equally narrow.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again and thanks for that information.

May I ask WHERE you are seeing that "ID"?

Is that on the device screen or perhaps on a computer display?

If so, I really need the SERIAL NUMBER - which usually has a letter or two towards the beginning of that number.

Thanks

(im)

Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

I found a video showing where the microSD card slot is - on a Nuvi 3590 device (which may be what you have). If you have a different model, the slot may be in a slightly different location.

NOTE: You can see the slot at about 45 seconds into the video.

Click Here --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kg7okIwRXY

That should be the slot you want to use for an extra microSD card. And by the way, these units can handle UP TO about a 32GB card, but I would think an 8GB or 16GB card would be "plenty" for what you need.

I did a search on Amazon for an 8GB microSD card, and have the results below.

8GB microSD card SEARCH
http://amzn.to/1O4tS7k

Please let me know if that is the slot you are looking at or if you have any more questions.

If this has answered your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (Excellent is my goal) so that I get credit for helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to scroll UP or DOWN) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)

Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)