GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

Garmin nuvi 50 showing map data is not available, tried to…

Customer Question
Garmin nuvi 50 showing...

Garmin nuvi 50 showing map data is not available

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Tried to put up to date maps on my garmin....says completed at 81%.....but when I tried it out.....up came map data is not available

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: GPS
3/6/2016
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 2 years ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your device.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:
1) Did the map update process EVER completely finish? I only ask because you mentioned it got to 81%.
2) WHEN does the "map data not available" message appear on the device (immediately when turning ON the device, or when some other screen is used?
3) Can you check what maps ARE installed in the device, and report back EXACTLY what you see on that screen?

To check those maps, do the following - STARTING with the device showing the main screen (right after power on).

Touch Settings

Touch Map

Touch Info.

Let me know if you can (or can not) get to that Info screen, and EXACTLY what you there - including ALL text and any icons.

NOTE: If the update process did NOT complete fully, it would be a good idea to try again, and allow the process to complete.

Thanks, ***** *****

(im)

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)