GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

I have a Garmin Nuvi 1690 and it wont go past the Garmin…

Customer Question
I have a Garmin Nuvi...
I have a Garmin Nuvi 1690 and it wont go past the Garmin splash screen after updating maps. John
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: GPS
3/4/2016
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 2 years ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hi John & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry to hear of any issue you may be having.

To help with this issue, may I ask:

1) The AGE of the device?

2) What was the status of the device BEFORE the update (did it work well, have good battery life, etc.)?

3) Do you have a memory card installed in the device?

4) Did you see ANY messages on the computer during the update?

5) Can you describe what "soft boot" and "reset" procedures were tried?

Thanks

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)