GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

I have nuvi 55lm 3A3298242 that stopped working, tried to…

Customer Question
Hi I have nuvi 55lm...
Hi I have nuvi 55lm 3A3298242 that stopped working, tried to charge it, it is not coming on at all.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: GPS
3/2/2016
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 2 years ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry to hear of any issue you are having with your device.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The AGE of the device?

2) WHEN was this device last used successfully?

3) WHEN this issue first began?

Thanks

The unit is less than 1 year old, and a week ago.

Hi again and thanks for that information.

OK - how long was the device attached to the vehicle power adapter?

And what power source was used when connecting to the USB cable?

It is always connected to the car, I unplugged it and connected it to my computer's usb

OK - there is a fuse in the tip of the vehicle power adapter that MAY be blown.

There should also be a power indicator LED in the vehicle adapter - it that LED glowing BRIGHTLY when plugged in?

If so, please disconnect the device from any power connection, and then press and HOLD the power switch - for 30-60 seconds. If the screen comes on, release the power switch.

Please let me know if the screen comes on when you do that.

Thanks

Hi again,

I didn't see a response back from you last note/suggestion, so I wanted to check back and see if the device came on for you - after HOLDING the power switch, or if there are further steps needed?

I look forward to your reply or any other questions you may have.

If this worked and has answered your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (Excellent is my goal) so that I get credit for helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to scroll UP or DOWN) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)