GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

My garmin nuvi 1690 stopped working. If connected (to a

Customer Question
My garmin nuvi 1690...

My garmin nuvi 1690 stopped working. If connected (to a computer or to any power source) it displays the GARMIN name with a blue triangle above the N but nothing else wherever I touch the screen. I can switch it off with the power button if `i take my time, and switch it on by the button or by connecting it. We left it on charge for 4 hours. Nothing else happens. It does not get used very much but we need it for a foreign trip now.

Technician's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The GPS Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the GPS Technician should know?

No I can't think of anything.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: GPS
3/2/2016
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 2 years ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier & to hear of any issue with your device.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) the AGE of the device?

2) WHEN it was last used SUCCESSFULLY?

3) Approximately WHEN does your trip begin?

Thanks

Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer