GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

I have an etrex 30, and it cannot be recognised on the usb…

Customer Question
I have an etrex 30...
I have an etrex 30, and it cannot be recognised on the usb port on 3 separate and different PCs. I tired connecting with base camp, and the downloaded etrex 30 update in demo mode (which is not where the online instructions said it would be. Then I tried the instructions for mass storage device not recognised 9 (use of web updater). NO thing worked. The last time I connected to a PC I updated the etrex 30 (on an auto-update and now it cannot be recognised on connection to a PC.
All your documentation talks about an interface setting in setup on the menu page. My etrex 30 does not have this functionality.
Is the next step a master reset ....
thanks
pat
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: GPS
2/22/2016
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 2 years ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question Pat, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This can be an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the unit and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and turn on the Etrex and tell me if it now connects please.

Let me know the results please

Thank you