GPS

GPS Repair Problems? Ask a GPS Technician for Answers ASAP

GPS

I updated my Garmin and now I do not have any maps on it

Customer Question
JA: Sometimes things that you...
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The GPS Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: when I go in to type an address, it says no maps available
JA: Is there anything else the GPS Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I just did an update on garmin express
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GPS Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: GPS
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/20/2016
Electronics Technician: MasterFixIt, Technician replied 1 year ago
MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Technician

Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

How old is your Garmin?

And May I have the Full model #?

Also does everything else seem to be workign with your Garmin?

Thank you

Tech Michael

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Nuvi 1450. Yes, everything else seems to be working

Thanks,

what site did you visit for the update?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
garmin express

Thanks,

What should I do if my Garmin automotive device displays the message "No Detailed Maps Found That Support Routing" or "No Map Data Available?"

02/18/2016

If the message “No Detailed Maps Found That Support Routing” is displayed after turning on an automotive device, or “No Map Data Available” displays when searching for a destination, there may be a problem with the device’s mapping files.

To correct this problem, follow the steps below:

If the issue occurs immediately after a map update, ensure that Garmin Express is up to date and reinstall the maps.

If the device is being updated on a Windows computer, be sure to safely eject your device from the computer after the update has completed. Even though the update appears to be complete, the “write-caching” feature on some computers may not have completely built or transferred the map to the device. Ejecting the device before disconnecting it can prevent this problem from occurring.

To safely remove the device:

1. Press the Windows key + E
  2. Right-click the Garmin device
  3. Click Eject (If there is no Eject option present, then the device does not need to be ejected, and can be unplugged normally.)
  4. In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great day!

Tech Michael
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no

no?

What are you talking about?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This did not work. These are the instructions I followed on the Garmin express sit
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Site

Hi, thanks I needed to know if you tried that.

How old is your Garmin?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Around a year

Hi thanks, ***** ***** hopefully it is just under a year old as it will still be under warranty.

Either way, there is unfortunately a memory IC that has failed. It is the one that stores and retrieves the maps.

When a memory cell dies in this component the unit can no longer retrieve the maps ;-(

If it is still covered under warranty they will repair if free of charge, but if not they may want a fee for this.

I wish I had better news for you, I really do.

The best thing to do is to call Garmin using the info in your user manual for fastest service.
if you dont have that handy, Please call:Garmin Repair: (800)(###) ###-####or(###) ###-####

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Thank you and have a great Saturday!

Tech Michael

MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Technician