Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

My forerunner 610 has stopped working - tried soft reset -

Customer Question

my forerunner 610 has stopped working - tried soft reset - currently screen has black ring around the edge and a dashed line top right
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The GPS Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: watch has not been charging very well so i tried a soft reset to see if that would work but the screen just shows a ring around the edge and a dashed line in top right
JA: Is there anything else the GPS Technician should be aware of?
Customer: its a few years old know but has generally been working fine
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GPS Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

It seems the software on your Forerunner has gotten corrupted somehow.

You can try using Garmin Express on your computer to install the latest firmware again:

http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=5283

Let me know if that works for you?

Pete.