GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

I just bought a roadmate 6230-lm worked great couple of

Customer Question
I just bought a roadmate...
I just bought a roadmate 6230-lm worked great for a couple of weeks. now it is frozen up and when I plug it it in to computer to do updates it just does not work just frezzes how do I restart or reset. pushed reset button tried everything I can think off. how can I get it to work. I love it. and miss it. please help.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: GPS
2/20/2016
Electronics Technician: Pete, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Pete, Engineer

Hi Tom,

The reset button is located on the back of the receiver in the upper right corner.

Using an open paperclip, gently insert it into the reset hole to press the reset button with the receiver turned on.

The receiver should restart again with the factory defaults loaded.

Let me know if that works for you?

Pete.