GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

With indiscriminate pushing of the buttons the display

Customer Question
rotated 90 degrees clockwise on...
With indiscriminate pushing of the buttons the display rotated 90 degrees clockwise on my
Magellan roadMate. How do I get it back?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: GPS
2/17/2016
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 2 years ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Are you sure it isn't that the map displayed on the screen has rotated, rather than the whole screen itself?

If it's just the map that rotated, use the Rotate Image button to rotate the image back to the right orientation.

"Where's the Rotate Image button?" - it's in the Image controls, where it looks like a pair of tablet handhelds, at right-angles to each other, with an arrow pointing from one to the other.

The complete display has rotated. Also am unable to find the image controls you speak of

I guess those controls only apply to viewing or editing images.

This is probably more promising, to correct the problem:

From the Main Menu screen, tap the Settings icon.
Tap Map Options.
Tap 2D North Up

That may address the problem... let me know how it goes, please. Thanks.