GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

How do I install a new battery?

Customer Question
How do I install a new battery?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: GPS
1/31/2016
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 2 years ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry to hear of any trouble you are having.

May I ask the Make & Model of the device you are working with?

Thanks

NUVI 1450-R
Garmin Ser # *****

Hi again and thanks for that information.

OK - you will need either a T5 or T6 (torx) screw driver to get those screws out.

You MAY be able to find these at either a local hardware or electronics store, and they sometimes come as "kits" that have multiple screwdrivers AND other tools for helping to get devices such as these open without damage.

Here is a link to one such kit - listed on Amazon - as an example.

Click Here --> http://amzn.to/1NKpN4e

I also have a link to a video that shows how to replace this particular battery - if you want to look at it.

Click Here --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkfujctopKQ

Please give that video a try and let me know if you can find those tools to do the job. And please let me know if you have any more questions.

If this has answered your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (Excellent is my goal) so that I get credit for helping you with this question.
You should see some "smiley faces" or "stars" to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to scroll UP or DOWN) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)