GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

Keyboard is only partially functional some letters do not…

Customer Question
keyboard is only partially functional...
keyboard is only partially functional some letters do not respond while others are wrong
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: GPS
1/30/2016
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 2 years ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry to hear of any issue you are having with your device.

From what you describe, it sounds like the touch screen may need to be "calibrated" again. This sometimes happens when the device has not been used for a while OR the battery gets VERY LOW and the calibration data gets lost (from memory).

So let me send you a link to a video that shows how to calibrate the screen. Please take a look and see if you can perform this process on your device, and if it restores proper operation for you.

NOTE: You need to do this process with the device disconnected from power, so a well charged battery is needed.

Click here --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxZtvspUydk

Please let me know if this works for you or if you have any more questions.

If this has answered your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (Excellent is my goal) so that I get credit for helping you with this question.
You should see some "smiley faces" or "stars" to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to scroll UP or DOWN) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)