GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

I have old garmin units ( GPSmap 172 ) and a ( 76CS ) and…

Customer Question
I have old garmin units...
I have old garmin units ( GPSmap 172 ) and a ( 76CS ) and wonder about new maops. I have old unlock codes I purchased and need help using them with the new system. My computoir that held all my info crashed and is long gone. Can you help? Steven ****** unlock code ********
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: GPS
1/25/2016
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 2 years ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If the unlock codes are old, then you might not find them usable with new maps. But if the maps are not new, just the Garmin you are loading them on, then that might be workable.

The codes have to match the maps rather than the Garmin, you see.

Tell me more about the challenge you need help with. Thanks.