GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

My Nuvi 260W has lost audio. Is there anything I can do to…

Customer Question
My Nuvi 260W has lost...
My Nuvi 260W has lost audio. Is there anything I can do to restore it?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: GPS
1/22/2016
Electronics Technician: Dustin, Senior Technician replied 2 years ago
Dustin, Senior Technician

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

There are several steps we may need to do, but before we try and upgrade the software and firmware. lets try a simple fix first.

Start with the unit powered off. Then touch your finger on the lower right hand corner of the touchscreen and keep it there.

Then, while holding your finger on the lower right hand corner of the touchscreen. Turn on the unit.

It should ask you if you want to select all user data.. Choose yes. Once the reset completes test the device. Do you have sound back now?

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.