GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

I have a Garmin Nuvi 205W, in the past I purchased the

Customer Question
lifetime updates then I got...
I have a Garmin Nuvi 205W, in the past I purchased the lifetime updates then I got a new computer and the new computer tech transferred my data from old unit to new--everything seemed to work OK but when I hook up to update it the system goes about 95% completed then drops off. I can tell by using the unit that it is not updating. ??? Serial #I ur825247. Can you help me ??? Larry
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: GPS
1/17/2016
Electronics Technician: Dustin, Senior Technician replied 2 years ago
Dustin, Senior Technician

Welcome to Justanswer.com Larry, My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Ive seen the exact issue you are facing before, caused by very similar reasons. Most likely what happened was when the information was transferred over, part of the app data files for your previous garmin express program carried over. Where on a new computer wed want a completely new update and data file for garmin express. So with it failing at the same point.

We probably need to do two things. One, go inside the garmin and remove some files.

2. Go inside the garmin express programs app data folder and clear it out completely then re-register the Nuvi with your computer, re-download the maps and install them.

This is a process I can try to walk you through by written support only. ( It will take some time)

Or, as an additional service I can connect to your computer from here and repair the problems in person. ( this will take less time~)

How would you like to proceed?

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.