Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have just run the latest update on my nuvi 2595 and now it

Customer Question

Customer: I have just run the latest update on my nuvi 2595 and now it won't boot past the garmin logo
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It boots as if normal and when it should be starting the system it turns off or hibernates
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to GPS Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I guess so. Thanks
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The first thing to do in a case like the one you describe, is to make sure the battery is fully charged beyond question. Leave the device on the charger for at least 5 hours, even if it shows fully charged before that.

I say this, because the shutting down / hibernating just after starting up, is typical of a system that detects a low battery power condition.

After that... let me know how it goes after that, and I will offer further advice depending upon what you report. Thanks.