Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

My nuvi 2555 will not navigate. it will turn on but will not

Customer Question

my nuvi 2555 will not navigate. it will turn on but will not navigate to a destination.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry to hear of any issue you are having with your device.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The AGE of the device?

2) WHEN this issue first began?

3) WHEN the device was last used successfully?

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2 yrs old it worked two weeks ago
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

OK - what exactly does it do - when you first power it ON?

For example, does it show your vehicle icon at your current location - on the View Map screen?

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It shows the navigation screen. You can enter an address but it won't navigate
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

OK - let's "get back to basics" and see if the device has a lock on the satellite signal.

Please go to the MAIN SCREEN of the device - with the Where To? and View Map items are showing, and if you see a STOP button, press it so that it stops any route that may be in there.

Then on the Main screen, look at the top bar and let me know if you see any GREEN "signal bars" (for the satellite signal).

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Done full green bars
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

OK - now go to the View Map screen and let me know if the vehicle icon is showing at your current location (closest street should be showing if you zoom in).

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but the streets look lighter than normal
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hmm - that's interesting. It could just be a theme change, or day (vs. night) display.

Let's take the next step and go back to the Where To screen, and then try to find a LOCAL place (restaurant, gas station, etc.) and see if you can GO to that location.

Please let me know what you see when you do that.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This isn't getting anywhere. I can't drive right now. You aren't solving anything. I'm not paying because you haven't solved the problem. Goodbye
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

We are in the process of INVESTIGATION and troubleshooting, and of course don't have an answer yet, because we have not completed the process.

If you would like to continue let me know by trying the steps I mentioned and let me know the results.

NOTE: we may have a few more steps to complete - depending on the results.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We are done. I'm not paying Goodbye forever
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Sorry to hear that you don't want to continue the process and figure out what is happening.

Let me know if you change your mind and still need help.

Take Care & Travel Safe, Greg A.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do not charge my account. It will be reversed immediately.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Perhaps there is a misunderstanding.

We experts here at Just Answer only try to help with your issue (your questions) and do not have access to any of your private information, including any deposit you may have made. This is for YOUR protection and privacy.

But you should have a "My Account" link - on your side of the system to manage your account here, or have a help link to contact the support folks here. They can help with any of your account questions or concerns.

Please let me know if you have any more questions about your GPS operation or would like to continue with the troubleshooting process of that device.

Take Care, Greg A.