Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

Considering purchase of 590 Zumo but need to know about

Customer Question

Considering purchase of 590 Zumo but need to know about Curvy feature. I ride in Korea and have Garmin approved maps provided by Garmin Korea. Will the curvy feature work with these maps?
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

May I ask if you have a motorcycle shop (or other store) that will allow you to "demo" one of these units? Or are there any "motorcycle clubs" where one of the members might have this Zumo model and you can CHECK (test) if there unit does support this feature on their maps?

I only ask because (for me) the only way to be sure would be to TEST with the maps you want to use AND assuming that there ARE some curvy roads available for the device to be able to pick those roads.

May I also ask if you have seen some of the demo videos that mention this feature? If not, I have a link to a pretty good one below that you may want to look at.

Click here --> Demo Video

NOTE that in the video that they mention that there MUST be a curvy route for the device (the software really) to select vs. a more straight-line route.

Please let me know what you find or if you have any more questions.

Thanks, ***** *****

Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)