Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

Need to upgrade Magellan maestro 4000

Customer Question

need to upgrade Magellan maestro 4000
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

When you say upgrade, you could mean the devices software , or the maps. The steps below will work to do either one, or both.

To get started, you need to connect the Magellan to a PC or Mac. Once connected , turn the Magellan off. Then, download this software.

http://www.magellangps.com/contentmanager

When you download the magellan content manager program on that page. Make sure to install the program, and then open and run it.

Then, once installed; you can now turn on your Magellan. The Magellan software should recognize the device. And it will offer to let you update the software first.

Once updated, it will also offer to let you upgrade t he maps. ( This may be free, or there may be a charge. It depends on the model you purchased, and whether it had lifetime maps included when you bought the device )

If you encounter any issues during the update process, please don't hesitate to respond. As I am here to help you complete the process, not just send steps and leave you to carry them out alone.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.