I just thought I would let you know that I MAY have found a possible solution, as this or similar issue has been reported on several geocaching sites on the web.
When you had told me that only the NEW geocaches would not show up, and I asked about "memory" in the device, and that you did not see any error messages when trying to load in new geocaches, it did make me think that the files (gpx files) were not being loaded into the device memory properly - in some form or fashion.
I say this because the way MOST Garmin devices should work - when booting up and loading any stored information into main memory (waypoints, favorites, geocaches, etc.) the system software will look at the CURRENT files and folders, and see if there are ANY CHANGES in those areas, and then "refresh" that memory - IF the system software DOES DETECT some changes.
But this software DOES sometimes "mess up" - for reasons that have not been identified, so a "work around" has been found that works most of the time.
That workaround is as follows:
When adding a new GPX file (file that contains geocaches),
1) First DELETE the unneeded ones (OLD ones), then
2) Disconnect and reboot the GPS, then
3) Reconnect and add the new GPX file.
4) Safely disconnect the device from the computer (using "safe removal" techniques), then physically disconnect and reboot the device.
5) TEST to see that the geocaches are there upon reboot.
- If this is not done, you may find "random" geocaches (or sometimes all) are missing - even though you can see the files on the device (directly or through another program - like BaseCamp).
- I believe this works because the REBOOT when the old files are deleted "clears" the internal memory and gets the device ready to accept new data.
When you get a chance, please give this process a try and let me know your results.
Thanks, ***** *****