Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a complete garmin system (gpsmap 4210, radar, sonar)

Customer Question

Good evening,
I have a complete garmin system (gpsmap 4210, radar, sonar) with a sim rad autopilot and thermal vision. Can I substitute a gpsmap 7610 using the same connections?
Category: GPS
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The answer depends upon what sonar transponder you have (by maker and model), and what radar transponder also. Please tell me, and I will research the matter and let you know the result.

The 'thermal vision' is so unusual - most setups don't have it - that, if it is hooked up to the Garmin GPSMAP, I would need to know its maker and model # ***** Unless its connection is simply NMEA XXXX or similar, in which case just knowing its communication protocol would be enough for me to judge.