Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

Just received a new Nuvi 56 LM. It is now connected to

Customer Question

Just received a new Nuvi 56 LM. It is now connected to computer. Some personal photos came up on computer screen. How do I get these out of Nuvi? How do I down load my North America road maps? How do I get to the operators manual?
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 years ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

May I ask WHERE this device was purchased from, and if it is "brand new" or perhaps a refurbished unit?

I only ask because you mentioned "personal photos" coming up on the computer screen.

And regarding those photos: Can you VERIFY/CLARIFY those showing on the DEVICE screen, or the computer screen?

Thanks

Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 years ago.

I also asked about where it was purchased because these device SHOULD come "ready to use" - right out of the box - once connected to vehicle power, charged up for a little bit, and going through the initial screens (to set it up).

That is, you should have the maps pre-loaded, and once the device is set up, the maps should appear on the View Map screen.

By the way, the Electronic (PDF) version of the full system manual can be found at the following link.

http://static.garmin.com/pumac/nuvi_55-65_OM_EN.pdf

I also have a link to a video of what you might expect to see the first time you connect the device in your vehicle.

NOTE: This is from a slightly different model, but the initial screens should be the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q8-8cUbKe8

Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 years ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****

(im)