Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

I have a msg on my gps that says no detailed maps found that

Customer Question

hi I have a msg on my gps that says no detailed maps found that support routing the nuvi can not be used with out them... this msg came up after I tried to up date the maps cause I am going on a trip.. it has 30 min left in the up date and this msg came up,, when I hook it up to my lap top it does not even show it is even connected.. is there any kinda fix for this
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 years ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of the issue you are having with your GPS.

May I ask:
1) The FULL Model Number of the device you are working with?
2) The AGE of the device?
3) WHEN this issue first began?

4) What was the EXACT SEQUENCE of events when you tried the update, if it completed (successfully), and when this message appears?

Thanks

Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 years ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****

(im)

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I just went out and bought a new gps and saved me the head ake..
Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 years ago.

Hi again,

Buying a new device is of course one possible solution.

If you would like to try and "revive" the "old" device, we may still be able to do that. Then you would have two devices to use, or perhaps could "hand down" the older device to a friend or family member.

Just let me know if you would like to try that.

And if you would be so kind, please take a moment to rate my service level (Excellent is my goal) so that I get credit for attempting to help you with this issue. You should see some "smiley faces" or "stars" to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****

(im)