Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a Garmin 430 (non waas). After it has initially

Customer Question

I have a Garmin 430 (non waas). After it has initially booted, it will give a message that it is going to reboot in 30 seconds acting like it doesn't have the card inserted correctly. So I will eject the card and reinsert. It reboots and goes through the same scenario again. After the 2nd reboot it just stays on. I can continue to use the radio and it tracks where I am correctly. But when I select "Direct" it has no airports to select from - only Waypoints. Any thoughts?
Category: GPS
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Your problem may be with the card itself. Perhaps it is too large for the Garmin 430. How large is the (total storage capacity) of the card in question?

Did this card, or some other card, work in this Garmin device before this? if one worked, what was its total storage capacity or size ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's the card that came with the unit. We have to take it out every 28 days to update our maps and information. The 430 was working fine up to 5 weeks ago after I had updated the maps and info. That's when the issue began. I thought the problem may be repaired with my update 1 week ago. It did not. It still has the same issue.I thought that when I began this process that I would be receiving suggestions from a Garmin tech. Will you be consulting a Garmin tech for this solution? If not it may be best for me to proceed to that level of help unless you feel comfortable making suggestions that will safely allow me to navigate my plane on VFR and IFR flights.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Since you have expressed that you do not believe I am a Garmin tech I have Opted Out of this question, in favor of a tech you might find better somehow.