Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

Have a Garmin Zumo 550 (#011-01451-00) & need a new battery

Customer Question

Have a Garmin Zumo 550 (#011-01451-00) & need a new battery (#010-10863-00). Tech. at my local West Marine Shop indicated that you have discontinued this model, but that you may still have batteries available.I may have mixed up the numbers.*************
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I just did a search for that battery on Amazon, and see quite a few vendors that list this battery. I have a link to the search results below.

Zumo 550 replacement battery
http://amzn.to/1JjMb3t

NOTE: I see a few mixed in there that are NOT for the Zumo, so make sure you pick the right one.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks, ***** *****

Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****

(im)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Discovered that the battery is fine(it was checked at the BMW dealer) but the unit will not charge. Does Garmin support a "refresh" (can I send it in), or would I have to purchase a new unit & if so what would be the current similar model ?
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again and thanks for that information.

If you mean "repair" when you say "refresh", the answer is "perhaps".

I say this because Garmin has an "Out of warranty" repair page (link below), where you can select the unit model number from a pull down list. When I selected "zumo 550 (BMW)" I DID see that they may offer repair on that device.

http://www8.garmin.com/support/outofwarranty.html

There is also detail on that page about the process of returning the device for repair, and I always recommend that you contact their support folks by phone to verify that that repair can actually be done.

I hope this helps. Please let me know what you find or if you have any more questions.

If this has answered your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (Excellent is my goal) so that I get credit for helping you with this question.
You should see some "smiley faces" or "stars" to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****

(im)