GPS

GPS Repair Problems? Ask a GPS Technician for Answers ASAP

GPS

I called several days ago and a "tech had me check to see if

Customer Question
gps unit had power, none...
I called several days ago and a "tech had me check to see if gps unit had power, none was displayed so she sent me a replaement part # *****
swxxx. used it after arrival but still no pwer to GPS Unit.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: GPS
8/6/2015
Electronics Technician: Gina-Moderator, Moderator replied 2 years ago
Gina-Moderator
Gina-Moderator, Moderator
Hi:
I'm Gina and I’m a moderator for this topic. It looks like your question may have been meant for a different company, possibly Garmin?
We, JustAnswer, match people with questions to Experts with answers in areas like Health, Pets, Computers, Taxes, Cars, Financial, Legal, Home Improvement and more.
Oftentimes, the Experts can help with a question like yours or I would be happy to try to assist you in finding the web address of the company you are looking for if you can confirm that for me.
Please let me know if you want to continue or cancel your question and I'm happy to further assist you.
Thank you,
Gina~Moderator
Land line is *****...What I need is how to get this dead Magellan replaceds/n0815100137972 RF I hope iread the s/n correctly, my eyes are not as good as they used to be. Chuck.
Thanks, ***** ***** be needing to use this soon (or several weeks as my Girl Friends son in law is dying of cancer in Montana.)....
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 2 years ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
Sorry to hear of the issue you are having with your GPS.
May I ask:
1) the MODEL of your device?
2) the AGE of your device?
3) WHEN you will need a device - for your upcoming trip?
Thanks
I can not read your reply. What I need is how to get this Magellan replaced ASAP we may have to leave within hours or as soon as Sharon can get off work. Depending on when she is called. ceb

Hi again,

Let me resend my note in BOLD - so perhaps you can see it.

============================

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

May I ask:

1) the MODEL of your device?

2) the AGE of your device?

===============================

Let me know if you really may need to leave "within hours" (from now), as that would change the answer.

Thanks

Model is (Roadmate) Never used by me Rcvd it from Heartland America around !st of July. Unknown exact date we will be leaving to Montana, (he is not dead yet.). Sharon has to finish her shift at the Hospital, When she is called, then as soon as her replacement can get there (shift is over at 07:00).
Hi again,
I'm unable to do a phone call right now (no phone available) - sorry about that.
OK - the fact that you got the device from Heartland America explains a LOT. I say this because they deal almost exclusively in "discontinued" or "refurbished" devices - at discount prices.
I also know that they have very restrictive refund/replacement policies - IF they have a similar item in stock.
So if you REALLY NEED a GPS for your upcoming trip, which could be in the next 12-24 hours, about the only solution I have for you is to shop for and purchase a NEW (or TESTED good refurbished) device - at a LOCAL store. The good news is that MOST department & electronics stores DO carry GPS devices, of various brands. And when purchased, they should be "ready to operate" - right out of the box (no need to register or things like that).
Further, unless you are familiar with Magellan devices only and really like them, I would recommend one of the "essential series" devices from Garmin. These are lower cost devices, that don't include all the "bells & whistle" features of other devices, but are very good at getting you where you want to go - with very little fuss.
Do you have one or more such electronics or department stores - in your LOCAL area?
Thanks, ***** *****
(im)
For your reference, I have a link to a Garmin web page showing the CURRENT models in the Essential series. BUT, you may be able to find some of the "last year's models" still at the local stores (like the Nuvi 40 series, at a lower price.
https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/browse.ep?cID=200126&filters=cOnTheRoad+cAutomotive+bBRAND467&sorter=price-asc
Also, any prices you see on the Garmin page are only "suggested retail" prices, so you can usually find something less expensive when looking at a real store.
Please let me know what you find or if you have any more questions.
Thanks & Travel Safe, Greg A.
(im)
Greg: Thanks I think I will get a GPS at a store in the Denver Colo area as time we will leave is unknown> Thanks for all the help.
ceb

Hi again,

If you want to tell me the area in Denver you are located, perhaps I could find a store for you to check at. Zip code should be enough of a locator. But if you would like to check yourself, that is fine too.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

If this has answered your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (Excellent is my goal) so that I get credit for my time & helping you with this question.

You should see some "smiley faces" or "stars" to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****

(im)

Hi again,
I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.
I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.
Thanks, ***** *****
(im)
Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer