Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

My Garmin GPS is froze up.How do I unlock it?

Customer Question

Category: GPS
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Can you explain this a little more please?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It was working fine but I noticed yesterday that the time to location was not working correctly.This morning it froze completely while enroute with the last map display in a frozen position on the screen.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
What model is it?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
nuvi 2597LMT 5" Bluetooth.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you please try these steps for me:
Start with the device off and unplugged from power
To verify the device is powered off and not in standby mode, touch and hold down the power button until prompted to turn off the device
Touch and hold the lower right hand corner of the display portion of the touchscreen
Power the device on
"System" will appear on the screen for approximately 30 seconds
Remove your finger when the screen displays Loading..."
If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sir-----I held down the power button like you said and the device began to work.I didn't have to do the whole procedure like you said. Is this the way to reset the device by holding down the power button? Is this help for free on the trail basis?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
I have no control over billing so I have no idea all I can tell you is the only way the site pays me for my time is if you leave a positive rating. Otherwise I do not get paid anything at all. As for the reset just holding the switch is a soft reset yes. The procedure I gave you is for a full hard reset. So if just holding the switch does not get it working you would have wanted to follow all the steps. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Garmin.
.