GPS

GPS Repair Problems? Ask a GPS Technician for Answers ASAP

GPS

I have a Garmin Nuvi 42 LM GPS and.it got wet and will not

Customer Question
I have a Garmin...
I have a Garmin Nuvi 42 LM GPS and.it got wet and will not work. Can it be repaired?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: GPS
7/27/2015
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 2 years ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
Sorry to hear of the issue you are having with your GPS.
The device CAN be repaired, using Garmin's "out of warranty" repair service - for a flat fee.
To see what fee would be charged, you can use the following link, and select your model from the pull-down list there.
http://www8.garmin.com/support/outofwarranty.html
I just checked that page and I see $89 listed for the fee. And if you are not near the repair center (near Kansas City, KS), you will want to add shipping costs to the total.
I also checked on Amazon, and I see that a NEW Nuvi 42LM is listed for about $10 more than the repair price, so you may want to consider just purchasing a new unit. I have the link to Amazon below, if you want to take a look.
Nuvi 42LM US Maps
http://amzn.to/1H0k38C
Please let me know what you decide or if you have any more questions.
If this has answered your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (Excellent is my goal) so that I get credit for helping you today.
You should see some "smiley faces" or "stars" to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them or can not use them.
Thanks, ***** *****
Hi again,
I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.
I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.
Thanks, ***** *****
(im)
Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer